Hi Everyone - Promised I'd post some video of Boudewijn's children's concert, so here it is, with explanatory subtitles.
BTW, I tend to run about 10 days behind on this blog, but I have news that merits a quick jump into the present... I just won the INTERNATIONAL CARILLON CONTEST OF THE DUTCH CARILLON GUILD!!!!! YAY!
Another matter of current news. Shani is AWESOME. More later. Perhaps. Need to decide how topical this is to a travel and carillon blog :)
One more thing before video. It occurred to me that I haven't heard much commentage lately, and for all I know, its just immediate family members reading this blog. I would like to put an end to this uncertainty. If you are reading these words (yes you, its too late to stop now) send me a sign. Any sign. It could be a two word e-mail saying "read it". Or a "congrats" comment. Or something similar. Don't feel obliged to write me anything long cause then you might put it off. And the whole point of this is just to get a head count. If you're reading this months after the fact, you should still send me something. If you like to read this anonymously and not have me know you're reading it, you should especially send me something. Think of it as a giant virtual game of marco-polo. You. yes You. Do it now, before anything else :)
OK, back to the children's concert:
Here Boudewijn has established that the organ is "sleeping" and needs to be woken up so it can participate in the contest... the children are screaming "orgel" which is Dutch for organ (not Urkel, which is Dutch for geeky guy from the 80s)
Boudewijn now wants to get the organ to play with him, so how does he do it? With a cellphone call :)
Toccata and Fugue!
Singing in a round, the Dutch folk song "Father Jacob" (which may sound surprisingly familiar)
Boudewijn shows off the carillon after the concert
With the help of the local children, a premiere performance of a new modern composition for carillon!
So endeth the children's concert.
Next up - adventures in coupled travelling :)
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm reading! Congratulations and please keep posting!
Sending hugs!
yay for you! woohoo! (plus, if you haven't seen, i officially have an apartment to go with the "you can stay with me whenever" offer. moving to silver spring (general MHSS vicinity) tuesday.
but yay jon!
Read it Jon. Congratz. Since it's your blog you should post on whatever you like.
I'm reading, though I haven't been regularly. I saw a comment about you winning the competition on FB and went here to see if you wrote about it. so congrats! and agreed, Shani is awesome.
::wave::
-Sara
i'm reading!
-sarah m
Post a Comment